Self Catering, Holiday Accommodation, Powys, Mid Wales
The Loft self catering apartment is in the top part of Nannerth Fawr farmhouse and has been converted to create a comfortable and private self contained holiday apartment all on one level overlooking the Wye Valley. The south facing velux balcony window offers magnificent views of the landscape and is ideal for birdwatching many species including red kites and other raptors. There is central heating and a roof garden.
A beautifully converted granary, this cosy self catering cottage is in the old farm yard complex of original stone buildings around a courtyard. It retains the stone and timberwork of the original construction and has been renovated with polished board floors, a woodburner and a mix of period and modern furniture. It is centrally heated and has a wood burner for cosy evenings in.
The Tollant is a wonderful three bedroomed barn conversion, originally the old farm ‘tollant’, with a view south across the Wye valley and a sheltered roof garden extending from the dining room area. A former hayloft, this conversion has created an airy single storey cottage with ash flooring and ash doors made from local timber.
Alys is an original bowtop gypsy caravan, skilfully painted with birds, animals and fruits. She has a very comfy double bed and sitting area with rugs and cushions. Adjacent is the shepherds' hut with great shower room, flush loo, a well equipped kitchen/diner and underfloor heating throughout. Your secluded camp is in a hay meadow where you can sit out by the chiminea, stroll by the Wye or visit the treehouse badger hide. During the winter, Alys is in a private courtyard near the old farmyard.
Holiday Accommodation at Nannerth Country Holidays
by River Wye
General Information about the Holiday Cottages
- We aim for sustainability and use a biomass woodchip boiler for heating and solar panels for much of the hot water.
- The Wales Tourist Board 4 star standard applies to all accommodation except Alys.
- Standard equipment except in Alys (see Alys description for equipment) includes TV and DVD player, radio, full size cooker and hob, microwave, fridge with freezing compartment or separate freezer, dishwasher, iron and vacuum cleaner. There is a laundry room with free washing machines for the use of guests but we do not use tumble driers.
- Linen and towels are provided.
- Various cleaning materials and washing up liquid are provided.
- Heating, hot water and electricity are free.
- Sufficient logs are provided for evening use in cooler weather. We suggest you bring fire lighters and matches.
- Cots and highchairs may be booked.
- Indoor and outdoor play areas close to all cottages.
- Good parking close to each cottage. (Alys parking is approx. 75 metres away during the summer)
- There are shops, banks, pubs and restuarants in Rhayader, approximately 4 miles.
- Arrival time is 3.00 pm and departure time 10.00 am.
- No smoking in any of our properties
- From Easter 2012, dogs can be booked into our purpose built and secure dogstay cabin. Dogs are not allowed in any of the holiday properties. Please ask for further information.